As the weather gets warmer and we’re all itchin’ to get out out of caves and explore the world, we’ve been scheming projects that would be perfect for
As the weather gets warmer and we’re all itchin’ to get out out of caves and explore the world, we’ve been scheming projects that would be perfect for Spring and Summer! Up first- the Poolside tote by Noodlehead.
This beginner friendly overside tote is perfect for every warm weather scenario where you need to pack some goodies: a picnic for you and your lover, all of the snacks for a easy going family hike, all of the beach related supplies for a day in the sand, or every craft supply you’ll need to bring to your buddy’s now that you guys can hangout on the patio and make stuff together!
Join my instuctor Mandy for this Sunday May 9th workshop and stitch up your own Sample shown in fabrics from the Old Spool Fabric Shop.
This is a beginner/advanced beginner Adult class.
Prerequisite: Our Intro to Sewing Workshop (or equivalent private lesson) or the ability to confidently thread and work a sewing machine.
Skills Covered: Cutting fabric, following a sewing pattern, sewing zippered pockets, bag facings.
Materials Needed (all registered students get 15% off in our shop!)
Requirements based on 44” wide fabric.
- Exterior fabric 1 1/4 yards (1 yard if using 54’’ wide fabric)
- Lining fabric 1 1/4 yards (1 yard if using 54’’ wide fabric)
- Accent fabric (Handles, pocket lining) 3/4 yard
- Accent fabric (facing) 1/2 yard
- Optional 10” zipper)
- twill tape or ribbon 1” wide 4.5’’ piece
- *fusible woven interfacing (Pellon SF101 – 20’’ wide) 2 3/4 yards
- Optional: swivel clasp (1’’) or d-ring (1’’)
Materials provided: The project pattern by Noodlehead (a $9 value), all sewing machines and tools.
(Sunday) 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM