Spring is here, and so are all of the baby showers! Alternatively, you have a few little humans hanging around your house and you would enjoy making something for them.
Spring is here, and so are all of the baby showers! Alternatively, you have a few little humans hanging around your house and you would enjoy making something for them. I introduce you to one of my favorite sewing patterns for kids: the Side Pocket Pants by Brindille and Twig. During this class we will cut and sew together a pair of these extra cute and extra roomy pants in whichever size you’d like.
Please note all classes need at least 2 students in order to run.
Prerequisite: Our Beginner Sewing Workshop or the ability to confidently thread a sewing machine. This is a Beginner class with some challenges because we will be working with stretchy knits.
- Medium Weight Knits such as interlocks, french terry, or a ponte. Any knit that feels like a pair of sweatpants is appropriate. 1/2 yards for sizes to 12-18M OR 3/4 yards for sizes 18-24M to 5-6T Please contact us with any questions about fabric!
- 1/4 yard knit fabric for waistband and cuffs. A jersey with lycra or a rib knit works well.
- 1 yard of drawstring, can be made without if you prefer.
- One spool of all purpose polyester thread to match your fabric.
- Please purchase the PDF Pattern here, but you do not need to print it out if you’d rather copy the pattern during class.
Materials Provided: A copy of the PDF pattern in whichever size you choose, all sewing machines and notions.
Skills Covered: Sewing knits on a regular sewing machine, how to cut knits, making cuffs, and sewing patch pockets.
(Saturday) 1:30 pm - 5:30 pm