Join our instructor Mandy for this one day Sunday workshop to make the Pepin Tote by Noodlehead Patterns. This is a beginner friendly tote bag that teaches you
Join our instructor Mandy for this one day Sunday workshop to make the Pepin Tote by Noodlehead Patterns. This is a beginner friendly tote bag that teaches you basics of bag making, following a pattern and turns out pretty-darn nice looking!
This is an Adult Adventurous Beginner ages 16+ class. You must know how to thread operate the sewing machine (thanks to previous experience or our Intro to Sewing Class) to join this class.
Skills Covered: Following a sewing pattern, cutting and sewing a tote bag.
Materials Needed (All registered students get 15% off in the shop!):
- 1 yd* [91.4 cm] Exterior Fabric
- 2/3 yd [61 cm] Lining Fabric (includes interior pocket)
- 2 yds [1.9 m] Fusible Woven Interfacing (Pellon SF101-20”/51 cm-wide)
- (Optional) 3/4” [18mm] magnetic snap, for top closure
- (Optional) (1) size 24 metal snap, for Front Pocket
- (Optional) (1) 20″ [51 cm] zipper, for recessed zipper closure
- (2) 28” x 1” [71.1 cm x 2.5 cm] wide leather straps OR (2) 28” x 1” [71.1 cm x 2.5 cm] wide cotton webbing, for Handles
- Recommended Fabrics: Canvas or waxed canvas^ (7-10 oz.) for exterior fabric, quilting cotton for lining
- ^if using waxed canvas (8-10 oz.), reduce fusible woven interfacing to 1 ¼ yd and do not interface exterior fabric pieces
Materials provided: a copy of the Pepin Tote pattern (a $9 value), all sewing machines and tools.
By registering for this class, you agree to the following cancellation policy: By purchasing a class or workshop you agree that there will be no refunds, transfers or credit given for the class after the designated start time. 100% refunds or class credit is available if requested up to 72 hours before the start of a class/workshop. No refunds will be given within 72 hours of the start of class unless your spot can be filled from a wait list, otherwise future class credit will be issued. No-Shows without an attempt to contact us prior to the start time of class (email, voicemail etc) will not be refunded, transferred or given credit. No make up classes are available. In the case of inclement weather a credit towards a future class will be given. The instructor reserves the right to cancel class if there is insufficient enrollment in which case a refund will be offered. Most classes require 2-3 students to run.
(Sunday) 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM