We love to use our skills to better than lives of those around us, so for this Sew For Others day, Old Spool together with our friends at
We love to use our skills to better than lives of those around us, so for this Sew For Others day, Old Spool together with our friends at Jersey Shore Modern Quilt Guild are sharing their skills and time so that our younger sewing friends can come to the studio and make zipper toiletry pouches for a fantastic local organization: The Village in Point Pleasant Beach. The Village is a Foster Family support organization that provides new clothing and necessities to families and children in the foster care system in Monmouth and Ocean Counties. What better way to make a difference in our community than to focus on children in need?
We thoroughly enjoy hosting these events but ask a few things of our participants. Please read:
- Kids without any prior sewing experience must be at least 9 years old to participate. This is a firm rule and we appreciate your understanding.
- Although, If an 8 year old student is currently taking classes with us they may participate!
- The day is scheduled in “shifts” to allow for the maximum amount of students to participate, so please register your child for an hour or two, but not the entire day so that others may participate. Please make note of the hour you registered your child for because we anticipate max capacity each shift.
- All participants are asked to also bring along NEW travel sized toiletries such as toothpaste, deoderant, shampoo/conditioner and body wash/soap that we can fill the zipper pouches with.
- The $10 fee to participate is payable by cash or check the day of the event and is 100% a donation to be applied towards more toiletries. Any funds remaining after the purchase of toiletries will be donated to The Village.
(Saturday) 1:30 PM - 2:30 PM
Reserve your spot
The fee to participate is $10 and only payable by cash or check (made out to cash) on the day of the event. No cc accepted to avoid processing fees.
Tickets are not available for sale any more for this event!