Join Mandy at this Sunday workshop at make your own bathing suit for Summertime! The Cottesloe Swim Suit is a sporty size inclusive pattern (up to size
Join Mandy at this Sunday workshop at make your own bathing suit for Summertime! The Cottesloe Swim Suit is a sporty size inclusive pattern (up to size 30) that can be made as a one piece or two piece! A reminder to check out the #MNcottesloe on Instagram or google search for inspiration from other makers!
This is an Advanced Beginner Adult Class.
Prerequisite: Our Intro to Sewing Workshop (or equivalent private lesson) or the ability to confidently thread and work a sewing machine, plus a handful of projects. This could be the first garment you make if you’re up for a nice challenge!
Skills Covered: Cutting swim fabric with a rotary cutter, following a sewing pattern, sewing stretch fabric on a home sewing machine, applying swimwear elastic.
Materials Needed (all registered students get 15% off in our shop!)
- Swimsuit fabric with 50% 4 way stretch: See what we have in stock at the shop, through here!
- View A, B, C, D for B cup sizes 0-20: 1 yard.
- View A and D Cup Sizes 14-30 1 1/2 yard.
- Views B and C for D cup sizes 14-30. 1 yard.
- Swimsuit Lining in the same amount as outer fabric listed above – this can just be either A) the same fabric as your outer fabric (make sure to purchase the right amount) or B) you can purchase stretch mesh or power net (sizes L and above may prefer power net for support) from our friend Maddie at Madalynne Intimates, through this link.
Materials provided: The project pattern, swimwear elastic for all views and all tools and sewing machines.
(Sunday) 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Reserve your spot
Tickets are not available for sale any more for this event!