A fun challenge for beginners (and it seems intermediate sewists too) is sewing a zipper! Let’s demystify the process of sewing a zipper by making our very own boxy zippered
A fun challenge for beginners (and it seems intermediate sewists too) is sewing a zipper! Let’s demystify the process of sewing a zipper by making our very own boxy zippered pouch. This shape of pouch is AKA a Dopp Kit.
This is an Adult Beginner class for ages 16+
Prerequisite: Our Intro to Sewing Workshop (or equivalent private lesson) or the ability to confidently thread and work a sewing machine. This could be one of your first projects, we promise zippers aren’t too tricky!
Skills Covered: Inserting a zipper, creating a lined pouch, boxing corners to create volume (optional)
Materials Needed (All registered students get 15% off in the Old Spool Shop!)
- 1/2 yard of outer fabric (lightweight canvas, home dec fabrics or quilting cotton) Shop our Cottons
- 1/2 yard of lining fabric (quilting cotton)
- One yard of fusbile interfacing SF101 or P911FF; or 808 craft fuse for a stiffer bag Shop our Interfacing
- A regular zipper at least 14” long. Metal or Plastic is OK.
- 1 spool of matching all purpose polyester thread.
Materials provided: Sewing pattern, sewing machines and all the tools needed.
(Saturday) 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Reserve your spot
Tickets are not available for sale any more for this event!