After School Classes and Summer Camp:
- All students will have to wear face masks over their nose and mouth and anyone who comes into the studio must also be wearing a mask. The instructors will always be wearing a mask as well.
- No food is allowed during classes. Water Bottles are welcome but kids must drink in a designated area away from other students.
- Usually, we have a very communal style workspace here, but students will be given specific work spaces they need to stay within and tools that are not to be shared. Kids will be gently reminded of this if it slips their mind while they’re here.
- Due to insurance reasons, all children who take machine sewing classes at Old Spool must be at least 8 years old. No exceptions.
- It is mandatory that all new students take the Intro to Sewing Workshop or the equivalent private lesson before they begin the After School Classes. You may register for an Intro to Sewing class at the same time you register a new student for After School classes. If your child has been to the studio for a Scout Event or Birthday party, they still need to take the Intro Class.
- If you do not register a new student for an Intro to Sewing Class or we do not have record of them having taken the class, you will be refunded immediately and your spot in class will be forfeited. Exceptions are made for children who already have learned basic skills and have contacted us to let us know.
- Before and after every class we will disinfect and sanitize all work surfaces, machines and tools with 200ppm Hypochlorus Acid and 70% Isopropyl Alcohol.
- When students enter the studio they will be asked to sanitize their hands by either washing or with hand sanitizer.
- New Makeup Class Procedure: Make up classes will take place at least one Wednesday evening a month which is established at the beginning of each session. Please confirm with the instructors that your child is attending as space is limited for those classes.
- If there is a risk that the instructors are exposed to Covid, we will voluntarily close the studio for 2 weeks in order to self isolate and any missed classes will be prorated. The safety of our students and families are our priority. We will communicate this via email, so please make sure you are on our email list.
All other Workshops and Classes: Unless otherwise stated in the specific class’s description, by purchasing a class or workshop you agree that there will be no refunds or credit given for the class after the designated start time. 100% refunds are available in the form of original payment if requested up to 48 hours before the start of a class/workshop. 50% refunds will be given within 48 hours of the start of class to account for time, materials and loss of business. No-Shows without an attempt to contact us (email, voicemail etc) will not be refunded.
In the case of inclement weather or class cancellation by the instructor a full refund or credit towards a future class will be given. The instructor reserves the right to cancel class if there is insufficient enrollment, at least 2-3 students are needed for a class/workshop to run.
Certain workshops are final sale and will be indicated in the class description. All students who attend sewing workshops will be asked to sign a hold harmless contract.
Newsletter: Signing up for the newsletter means you have shared your information with Old Spool Sewing Studio and Mailchimp and agree to regular marketing emails. We won’t share your information with anyone and you can unsubscribe at any time!