To preface, we kindly ask that you keep in mind we are a small studio with limited capacity run by a married couple. Missed classes that need to be rescheduled, cancellations and no shows negatively impact our small business more than one may expect and while we try our best to make everyone happy, we must implement and enforce the following policies. Please familiarize yourself with them before registering for classes/camps, by registering you agree to the following.
After School Classes:
- All info about After School classes can be found on the pages titled After School.
Age Requirement and Prerequisite:
- Due to insurance reasons, all children who take machine sewing classes at Old Spool Sewing Studio must be at least 8 years old. No exceptions.
- It is mandatory that all new kid students take the Intro to Sewing Workshop or the equivalent private lesson before they begin the After School Classes. You may register for an Intro to Sewing class at the same time you register a new student for After School classes. If your child has been to the studio for a Scout Event or Birthday party, they still need to take the Intro Class.
- If you do not register a new student for an Intro to Sewing Class or we do not have record of them having taken the class, you will be refunded immediately and your spot in class will be forfeited. Exceptions are made for children who already have learned basic skills and have contacted us to discuss, but we still urge you to register them for the Intro to Sewing class so they can learn how we do things here and get to know us as teachers.
- Camp registraion is non refundable. Camp tuition is not transferrable to private lessons, group or after school classes. Refunds are only offered if we can fill your spot from the waitlist.
- Due to the nature of Summer Camp we do not offer make up classes or reschedules for any missed days and we do not refund/give credit for missed days. No credit/monetary refund will be given for missed days and it cannot be transferred to private lessons, group or after school classes. No exceptions. Please check your schedule and make sure your child has no other conflicts before registering for camp. If they must miss a day, please inform us before the week of camp so that we may help them finish their projects before the end of the week.
Covid Related Procedures:
- We will follow the lead of local school districts (Brielle, Manasquan, Wall and Point Pleasant) in our mask policy that will be determined before the beginning on the new school year. Please keep in mind we have a large student body and are doing our best to keep everyone feeling safe and comfortable in our space.
- No food is allowed during classes. Resuable water bottles are welcome!
- Before and after every class we will disinfect and sanitize all work surfaces, machines and tools with 200ppm Hypochlorus Acid and 70% Isopropyl Alcohol.
All Other One Time Workshops and Adult Classes:
- By purchasing a class or workshop you agree that there will be no refunds, transfers or credit given for the class after the designated start time. 100% refunds or class credit is available if requested up to 48 hours before the start of a class/workshop. 50% refunds will be given within 48 hours of the start of class to account for time, materials and loss of business. No-Shows without an attempt to contact us prior to the start time of class (email, voicemail etc) will not be refunded, transferred or given credit.
- In the case of inclement weather or class cancellation by the instructor a full refund or credit towards a future class will be given. The instructor reserves the right to cancel class if there is insufficient enrollment, most classes require 2-3 students to run.
- Certain workshops are final sale and will be indicated in the class description. All students who attend sewing workshops will be asked to sign a hold harmless waiver which can be reviewed below.
Hold Harmless Waiver:
I agree to release and hold harmless Julia Passafiume and Old Spool Sewing LLC (the “Studio”), all employees and/or volunteers of her, all claims or liability related to any accident that may arise as a result of my and/or my child’s participation in this sewing/craft program.
I confirm my child is at least 8 years old in order to participate in group sewing classes or that they are of the age determined necessary to participate in the specific class they are registered for.
I understand that sewing and craft classes include the use of machines, needles. scissors and other tools that can be dangerous if not handled properly. These activities include risk that can cause or lead to injury. I grant permission for my child(ren) operate machines and to use tools and equipment. I give permission for first aid and/or medical treatment to be given by the instructor or their assistant if the need arises. I also confirm Iam the legal guardian of the student.
I acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that my child(ren) and I may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by attending sewing/craft classes and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at the Studio may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to, Studio employees, volunteers, and program participants and their families. I voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury to my child(ren) or myself (including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, and death), illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense, of any kind, that I or my child(ren) may experience or incur in connection with my child(ren)’s attendance at the Studio or participation in sewing /craft classes programming (“Claims”). On my behalf, and on behalf of my children, I hereby release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless the Studio, its employees, agents, and representatives, of and from the Claims, including all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto. I understand and agree that this release includes any Claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of the Studio, its employees, agents, and representatives, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after participation in any Studio class.
I agree that there will be no refunds given for the class after the class/course has begun and make up classes are scheduled at the discretion of the instructors.
Signing up for the newsletter means you have shared your information with Old Spool Sewing Studio and Mailchimp and agree to regular marketing emails. We won’t share your information with anyone and you can unsubscribe at any time.