After School Classes and Summer Camp:
To preface, we kindly ask that you keep in mind we are a small studio with limited capacity run by one person. Missed classes that need to be rescheduled, cancellations and no shows negatively impact our small business more than one may expect and while we try our best to make everyone happy, we must implement and enforce the following policies. Pease familiarize yourself with them before registering for classes/camps, by registering you agree to the following.
Sewing Class is not a *casual drop in* activity like dance class or sports practice because your children require skilled instruction on their individual project and mindful observation while they are operating the machines. We pride ourselves in making sure every student gets equal attention while they are with us which makes make up classes difficult to navigate with our busy classes and schedule. We appreciate your understanding.
- Cancellations must be requested by one week prior to the start of camp (the Monday before by 9:00 or 1:30, depending on which session you are registered for) in order to receive a full refund of camp tuition. Due to our limited capacity, any cancellations requested within one week will be given minus a $100 cancellation fee to account for loss of business and the materials prepared for each camper. Camp tuition is transferrable to another week during the same calendar year of camp (but cannot be gauranteed if camps are sold out, they are first come first serve) or may be transferred to another camper (who has taken the prerequisite class) which the instructor must approve. Camp tuition is not transferrable to private lessons, group or after school classes. No shows the week of camp of camp forfeit their tuition in full. No exceptions.
- Due to the nature of Summer Camp we do not offer make up classes or reschedules for any missed days and we do not refund/give credit for missed days. No credit/monetary refund will be given for missed days and it cannot be transferred to private lessons, group or after school classes. No exceptions. Please check your schedule and make sure your child has no other conflicts before registering for camp. If they must miss a day, please inform us before the week of camp so that we may help them finish all of the projects planned for the week.
After School Classes:
- Make Up Policy: Each student is alloted one make up class per 6 week session per student, No more than one make up class per session per student can be accomodated within our schedule. Make ups must be made within the current or the following session. You must contact the instructor to schedule when your child can attend another class time (which are offered with limited availability due to class size, you will be given 1-2 times to choose from) or they may attend the once a session make up class on Wednesday 5:30-6:45 in week 5 of a session, the date for which can be found at the top of the after school page. If your child is expected for a make up class and is a no show it will not be rescheduled because they took a spot away from another student who otherwise would have been able to attend.
- We do not accomodate multi-class make ups for students on vacation and we do not prorate or refund for vacations. We do not hold spots in class unless they are registered for.
- No refunds or credits will be given for missed classes and hours are non-transferrable to another group class or camp.
- Once the last after school session of the school year is over in June we do not accommodate after school make up classes and they are not transferrable to the next school year.
- Due to insurance reasons, all children who take machine sewing classes at Old Spool must be at least 8 years old. No exceptions.
- It is mandatory that all new students take the Intro to Sewing Workshop or the equivalent private lesson before they begin the After School Classes. You may register for an Intro to Sewing class at the same time you register a new student for After School classes. If your child has been to the studio for a Scout Event or Birthday party, they still need to take the Intro Class.
- If you do not register a new student for an Intro to Sewing Class or we do not have record of them having taken the class, you will be refunded immediately and your spot in class will be forfeited. Exceptions are made for children who already have learned basic skills and have contacted us to discuss, but we still urge you to register them for the Intro to Sewing class so they can learn how we do things here and get to know us as teachers.
- All students will have to wear face masks over their nose and mouth and anyone who comes into the studio must also be wearing a mask. The instructors will always be wearing a mask as well.
- No food is allowed during classes. Water Bottles are welcome but kids must drink in a designated area away from other students.
- Usually, we have a very communal style workspace here, but students will be given specific work spaces they need to stay within and tools that are not to be shared. Kids will be gently reminded of this if it slips their mind while they’re here.
- Before and after every class we will disinfect and sanitize all work surfaces, machines and tools with 200ppm Hypochlorus Acid and 70% Isopropyl Alcohol.
All other Workshops and Classes: Unless otherwise stated in the specific class’s description, by purchasing a class or workshop you agree that there will be no refunds or credit given for the class after the designated start time. 100% refunds are available in the form of original payment if requested up to 48 hours before the start of a class/workshop. 50% refunds will be given within 48 hours of the start of class to account for time, materials and loss of business. No-Shows without an attempt to contact us (email, voicemail etc) will not be refunded.
In the case of inclement weather or class cancellation by the instructor a full refund or credit towards a future class will be given. The instructor reserves the right to cancel class if there is insufficient enrollment, at least 2-3 students are needed for a class/workshop to run.
Certain workshops are final sale and will be indicated in the class description. All students who attend sewing workshops will be asked to sign a hold harmless contract.
Newsletter: Signing up for the newsletter means you have shared your information with Old Spool Sewing Studio and Mailchimp and agree to regular marketing emails. We won’t share your information with anyone and you can unsubscribe at any time!